Thursday, July 19, 2012

Look Out for Mermaids, Miniseries, and More!


In my last post, dated August 6th, 2011, I un-birthday wished my next post would be in less than a year.  HAZAH therefore because today is July 19th, 2012!  Not quite a year!  Take THAT!


This time I won't promise regular posts - I'll just post regularly, sans promises.  But enough of that.  On to feminism.

  • With "Murder, She Wrote" now on Netflix instant play, I'm returning to a childhood refuge of mine, so Jessica Fletcher will be a topic of discussion.  Especially as it has awakened the sleuth-enthiusiast in me, so a little Sherlock movie series/ BBC series talk might be sprinkled here and there!




  • I've barely scratched the surface of my obsession with Disney's adaptation of Rapunzel: Tangled, so wait till you see just how much I have to say about that - and the Rapunzel fairy tale in general!  (and hopefully I'll get around to comparing it with my favorite fairy tale, Hans Christian Andersen's and Disney's Little Mermaid)




  • Pixar's Brave has now hit theaters, and I will cover my opinion, and my opinion of the critic's opinions.



  • Then there's this cartoon series called "The Legend of Korra" - interesting in it's design of female characters, especially when juxtaposed to the writing of the original series it is a sequel to, "Avatar: the Last Airbender."


  • And let's not forget - the Austen-obsessed 90's may be over, but there's still a new hoppin' adaptation that Austenites are buzzin' about!  "The Lizzie Bennet Diaries" - a Vlog adaptation of Pride and Prejudice!  Let's not forget that there has never been a Vlog adaptation of any book before, and since it has been 7 years since the last Pride and Prejudice adaptation, we're all ready for some more Lizzie and Darcy.  



  • Ah yes and I almost forgot my new favorite web series!  Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse!  An official series by Mattel that is an exquisite balance of parody, propaganda, and positivity!  Here is the first episode:


  • And!  there's a mega-post I worked on for two years that really should be split up and posted by now, so keep a look out for that.  It's called "Subli-mer-inal Images and How We Channel Them."

Well!  That's certainly a lot of material to cover!  Let's get going!

As soon as I publish each topic, I'll include the links in the above list, to make everything easy for you readers!

P.S. A little explanation as to the time between posts: I'm a bit of an anxious perfectionist, and could never click the "publish" button.


and then I'd be all


But never fear!  I got this cool idea to blog on tumblr for a while, and get the hang of instant-blogging, to sort of counteract the hesitancy, and have some fun figuring out how that completely different style of blogging works - so yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment